Fischer fixings are high quality fixings that are used in a variety of different applications:
- these types of fittings may come in numerous different technical configurations including chemical solutions and conventional steel etc;
- Fischer have a huge portfolio that includes not only fixings but also fire retardation solutions and of course, in those areas there may be yet again another specialised range of fixings;
- as with any type of anchor or fitting, it is imperative that you thoroughly analyse your requirements and identify the best match, in anchor and fixings terms, for your individual situation;
- remember that if you use incorrect anchors, you may find that your fixing simply doesn’t hold and that may have a range of effects anywhere on a spectrum from inconvenient to potentially catastrophic and even dangerous;
- it may be advisable to recognise your own limitations. If you do not understand what is meant by (or the relationship between) things such as substrate, sheer and tensile forces or safe loading factors, then you may need to face the reality that you will probably require specialist advice and guidance before making your selection of an appropriate anchor;
- this directly links into the question relating to Fischer products. If you locate an authorised Fischer fixings agent, you may find you are able to obtain specialist advice not only on this particular product range but on the subject matter overall;
- you may wish to be cautious about seeking advice and guidance in generalist DIY merchants. Although they may be friendly and very well-intentioned, their specific expertise in the discipline may be limited and this is not an area where guesswork is advisable when selecting products;
- selecting an appropriate anchor requires that you understand fully your own environment both in terms of the as-is position and the to-be. The as-is relates to things such as the nature and quality of the substrate you’ll be fixing to. The to-be relates to what exactly you plan to fix into it and how it will be used. That includes things such as understanding just how much weight is going to be placed on individual anchors etc. If you don’t know these things, it might be difficult for any expert to offer you useful purchasing advice!
Fischer products may help make a difficult job that bit easier and also allow you more success with the final product of your labours.
Match the products to an expert supplier and you may have the ideal solution!